NOW HIRING: Cook/Shift Leader
Job Title: Cook/Shift Leader
Reports to: Food Service Coordinator
Current on ServSafe Food Handler or Manager or ability to complete training once employed
Criminal background check and drug prescreen required for employment (provided by camp).
Statement of Job: The Cook/Shift Leader is responsible for preparing meals for the camp community with suggested menus in cooperation with the Food Service Coordinator for large groups (200 or more at times) including management of special dietary needs (vegetarian, gluten free, lactose intolerant, vegan). We are a seven day per week, year round facility with two shifts in our daily operation. We primarily serve meals family style. We are a faith-based camp and retreat center, serving children and youth primarily. Seasonally (spring, summer, fall) 32-40 hours per week. Fewer hours also available if desired.
- Staging and cooking meals during shift as well as prep work as needed for next shift.
- In cooperation with the Food Services Coordinator, providing leadership and supervision of others working in the kitchen and in the dining hall.
- Set a professional and positive tone in the kitchen and dining area, demonstrating Christian hospitality.
- Ensure log books (food temperature, freezers and refrigerators, dishwasher) are completed each shift.
- Fill and test sanitation, soap and rinse containers and place in proper areas of kitchen and dining hall for clean up.
- In cooperation with the Food Services Coordinator, assign kitchen help to various duties to ensure safe and efficient operation and clean up.
- Follow up and monitor food prep, dining hall set up and clean up for each meal before leaving your shift.
- Ensure that all food safety handling procedures are followed at all times.
We are a peanut, tree nut and seed free dining facility. We are a smoke free facility.
Don Lee Camp & Retreat Center is a 501c3 affiliated by faith with the United Methodist Church.
We are a 10 minute drive from the Minnesott Ferry Landing and approximately 20 minutes from Bayboro, 15 minutes from Oriental and 30 minutes from downtown New Bern.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
For all other kitchen and maintenance job inquiries please fill out our print application. CLICK HERE for application.
Drop off completed print application at Camp Don Lee Business Office.
OR take a photo of completed print application and email photo to email@example.com
Or mail to:
Camp Don Lee
c/o Kitchen and Maintenance Hiring Manager
315 Camp Don Lee Rd
Arapahoe, NC 28510
Or fax your application to: